Monday, April 2, 2012

Wine & Cheese ~ Soap ~

Yup you read that right!  There are a few of us that are going to experiment with adding cheese to soap.  The logic behind it is that so many dairy products are already used in soap, so why not cheese?  It took me a bit to decide that this really is feasible, or at least I think it is.

I have chosen to make 2 different soaps.  I want to make a wine & cheese blend since they go so well together so for this one I am going to use a wine fragrance and cheddar as my cheese.  In the other I'm going to use cream cheese and then use a sweet scent, perhaps cherry, perhaps fudge, or maybe even a combination.  The possibilities are endless.

I am quite looking forward to trying this out and I am really hoping it works.  To start out I will be making a 2 lb batch of each.

Wish me luck and I promise to take lots of photos when I make it.

Cheers

5 comments:

  1. I do love cheese with my wine! Looking forward to seeing how these turn out :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. good luck Lindy! I'm going to try cottage cheese this week, not sure what scent yet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tanya we soapmakers do come up with the strangest things to soap with don't we? LOL. There is however a soap out there that has cheese in it (we found that out after we decided to do this) so there should be hope for us.

    Cottage Cheese should be really cool. Are you going to do CP or HP?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! You're blogging! I will enjoy your "ramblings." But cheese??!! I'm interested to hear how it works out for you. I had thought of cheese soap once, but quickly dismissed it. But I'm intrigued now....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Amy! Great to see you here. I decided it was time to start blogging and hopefully I can discipline myself enough to be on here at least once a week. Right now is the honeymoon period and I'm on here everyday. I would like it to become a habit since I'm on the net everyday...

    So yes cheese. There are 5 of us doing this. I, of course am running behind them (we just decided to do this yesterday and they've already made their's) I've tried yogurt, coconut milk, goat milk, buttermilk, heavy cream, half & half cream, so I think this should work quite nicely. I will keep this space updated on the how it goes.

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete