Friday, July 13, 2012

Playing in the Sun...

I love sitting  here on my deck working and watching the ocean.  We have so much sea life which shows up at the most unexpected times.  Of course you have to be looking at just the right moment which means I keep looking up hoping to catch sight of the many dolphins, porpoises, and whales that are in the area on any given day.  Plus I have an amazing jasmine vine that is right beside the deck climbing on an arbour and right now it is loaded with flowers and the scent is pure heaven.

My brother is planning a visit this summer so we're planning a kayak trip while he is here into the Copeland Islands (aka the Ragged Isles) where we know there are harbour porpoises, harbour seals, jelly fish (of course and I so love them) as well as sea lions!  That really is the best way to catch up with our water friends is being out on the water on a regular basis.

Yesterday I picked up 50 lbs of lye and 12 liters of olive oil so I'm set tomorrow to get some soap made.  I am so far behind I'm pretty sure I'm first.  So tomorrow I plan on getting solid shave soap made in a variety of fragrances as well as some more Salish Egg Soap scented Lilac as well as more of my cocoa butter soaps plus a baby soap which will be goat's milk, Olive oil and castor oil.  This is a really, really gentle soap and I leave it unscented because young children really shouldn't be exposed to a lot of fragrance until they are 3 or so.  I'm going to get some more liquid soap made as well as shower gel as there seems to be people wanting it.

We are having such a flea outbreak again this year that my poor dogs are just going stupid even with flea meds.  We've had to put them on Benedryl to try and relieve some of the itching and it does help but I think I need to reduce the dosage as it does make them rather dopey and sleepy.

So I'll leave you now and hope you all have a wonderful weekend.

Cheers

1 comment:

  1. Wow! You will be a busy little bee, that's for sure :)

    ReplyDelete